Monday, April 01, 2013

Must ... Close ... Eyes ...



In the list of a hundred things I planned on doing tonight ... picking up the yard, cleaning up the kitchen, balancing the account, paying bills, watching Game of Thrones ... I didn't accomplish a single thing.  Not a single thing.

When I was a little ThirtyWhat, sometimes I would crawl up on my parents' bed, lay across the end of it, and take a nap.  There was just something about it ... it was a very peaceful spot.  Tonight I got home from work, laid across the end of my own bed ... and dozed off. 

I woke up and it was eight o'clock.   I have one missed call and a couple missed text messages.  The account isn't balanced and the bills aren't paid.  The yard is still a mess ... but at forty degrees I wasn't going to do much anyway.  The kitchen is still a little messy ... and sorry, Dany ... Game of Thrones is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

But that's okay ... some days are a push.  They aren't bad ... we just need a day to recharge our batteries.  So let's call it good ... I'm one step from dozing back off again anyway ... and tomorrow I'll wake up and be ready to take on the world.  Goodnight, moon ...

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
Even while we sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behaviour
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world
 
Tears for Fears - Everybody Wants to Rule the World

No comments:

Post a Comment