Saturday, April 06, 2013

When, Lord? When? When's Gonna Be My Time ...



Oh, Karma.  Karma ... why hast thou forsaken me?  What have I done to deserve this burden?

So, remember the text message debacle the other day?   Today was the day that tickets went on sale for Maroon 5 down in St. Louis.  My best friend was at work ... and so she asked me to call in and get the four of us tickets when the lines opened at ten o'clock.  Easy peasy, right?

Well, since she's in a wheelchair, we need accessible seating ... so there's a specific number you have to call.  You can't get them online and you can't call any other number.  No worries ... I've got this.   I started calling ... and got nothing but a busy signal.  So what?  This is true for every concert.   I redial.  Busy.  Redial.  Busy.  This goes on ... for nearly an hour.  At which point it rings through.  Joy!  It rang for two minutes before disconnecting. 

Busy.  Redial.  Busy.  Redial.  Ring.  No answer.  Disconnect.  Busy. Redial. Busy. Redial. Ring. No answer. Disconnect.  Busy. Redial. Busy. Redial. Ring. No answer. Disconnect.

By that point it's eleven thirty ... 90 minutes after this started.  It's obvious to me that the universe does not want me at that Maroon 5 concert.  Why?  Why would I be denied the opportunity to hear Misery live?  I swear to God I'd keep my clothes on!

I've found that when I'm working as hard as I can, and things aren't coming together ... I have to take a step back.  If you feel like you're swimming upstream, you might be going the wrong way.  And with this concert thing I'm obviously going the wrong way.  Whether it's because of money or the trip down or because locusts are going to swarm the amphitheater, for some reason I am supposed to keep my ass at home.

Speaking of locusts ... guess who is coming to the fair?  Ke$ha.  I expect boils and frogs to rain from the sky shortly afterwards.  How will Illinois survive the drain on the industrial glitter complex ...

I still don't have the reason
And you don't have the time
And it really makes me wonder
If I ever gave a fuck about you

 Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment