Friday, May 10, 2013

Next Week Will Only Be Worse ...


I can't tell you what's more frustrating ... being worked like a rented mule ... or being worked like a rented mule knowing that there's a pretty fair chance you'll be unemployed in 30-60 days. 

My back is killing me ... my shoulders ache  ... and I have touched the same piece of paper at least two dozen times now.  It is insane.   Every thirty minutes someone discovers more work that hasn't been done.  It's like being in Groundhog's Day ... without Bill Murray ... or the groundhog ... or joy.   I have no idea why Joel McHale isn't covering what goes on in my office every week.  I am living in the darkest timeline ...

I swear there's a hidden room somewhere around here ... and inside it sits a man with a handlebar mustache.  He is twirling the ends and laughing maniacally ... while he throws handfuls of gold doubloons in the air Scrooge McDuck style ... and cackles, "Oh, they'll work!  They'll work until I tell them they can't work!!!"

Yes ... yes, I do need a vacation ... why do you ask?

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a new romance
Everybody's going off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart?
You better start from the start
You want to be in the show?
C'mon baby, let's go

Loverboy - Working For the Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment