Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Happy Surprise ...


It's been a nice, lazy Sunday.  I did some laundry and picked up a few groceries.  Aside from that, I didn't accomplish much ... so I don't have a lot to post about.  Other than these two thoughts:

First ...

You know those shallow bitches that get all defensive about their age and say things like, "I don't celebrate birthdays."  I never got that.  Birthdays are fun.  They're a celebration of you.  It's your special day.  Why wouldn't you celebrate it?

I understand now.  I get it.  If you're one of those shallow bitches I spoke of ... I'm sorry I judged you.  From here on out ... no more birthdays.  In fact, I might start having un-birthdays.  Every year, I'll start claiming I'm a year younger ... until finally, I'm either dead or a fetus.

Second ...

I've had a lot of wonderful things happen lately ... really, really wonderful things.  Today something surprising and wonderful happened ... and while I was driving home, I kept thinking how much I wished I could call my best friend and tell her.  No no ... it's not a sad thing.  I'm not crying or weepy or angry.  It's actually a wistful feeling ... knowing she would be happy for us ... knowing she is happy for us.

So tonight I'll be going to bed smiling ... and looking forward to turning a year younger in November.

And you come to me on a summer breeze
Keep me warm in your love and then softly leave
And it's me you need to show
How Deep Is Your Love

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love

No comments:

Post a Comment