Friday, July 05, 2013

Part 2 ...


So ... my happier post ...

If we overlook July 4, 1776 ... which was, I'll agree, the most important 4th of July ... yesterday was the best 4th of July ever.  

I wore my Cubs t-shirt over to Stoney's ... yes ... with the intention of getting his goat (Get it?  Getting his goat?  Goat joke!  Hah!)  Although I meant it teasingly and with all the love in the world ... the universe decided a little payback was in order.

At some point we're cuddling on the couch watching Breaking Bad and I showed him something on my phone.  He played with it for a little while, looking at my music ... and I stupidly said, "Look at all the Van Halen!  See all those David Lee Roth songs?!"  Ugh ... I'd forgotten that I do have Van Hagar on there ... and, in fact, I have three of the songs that I have publicly declared the most heinous of their catalog.  And so ... I was treated to a full performance of Dreams ... complete with air guitar and air synthesizer.  It was vexing ... and absolutely, positively adorable.

So many little things that made it a happy day.  We had a nice dinner ... he cooked chicken on the grill.  Which, side note, impresses the bejesus out of me every time he does it because the one thing I can't grill?  Chicken.  I burn the holy hell out of it every time and I'd given up on the idea of ever eating it again.  What were we talking about?  Dinner ... grilled chicken and homemade macaroni and cheese.  Oh and blueberry lemonade that was amazing.

Laughing at Tosh ... sexually abusing gummy bears ... it was a good day.  Despite being serenaded by multiple Sammy Hagar songs ... and despite a simple slip of the tongue being misconstrued as support for his beloved Cardinals.  Sadly, I had to go to work today ... so I headed home a little early.  But I got to see fireworks on the drive across town ... and my back still tingled from where Stoney rubbed it. 

So all in all ... a big bucket of win.  The 4th has officially redeemed itself ...

Oh here it comes again
That funny feeling again
Winding me up inside
Every time we touch
Hey I don't know
Just tell me where to begin
Cause I never ever
Felt so much

Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love

No comments:

Post a Comment