And so ... he painstakingly went section by section ... rubbing in the grout and then carefully wiping off the tiles ... while I passed the time wiping down the counter tops and sweeping up. I wish I could've been more help. Really, I do. But seriously ... if I'm too intimidated to spackle these big nail holes in my wall ... I really shouldn't be working on something as permanent as tile. And considering the beautiful job he did ... really ... it worked out for the best.
1. What’s the outgoing message on your voicemail like? - As odd as it sounds, my personal voice mail is nothing but the generic computer-read message that comes with everyone's account. I think it says something like, "No one is available at 555-555-5555. Please leave a message." Last year when I got my new cell phone account, I was very protective of my number. I didn't give it out to many people ... and I wasn't about to put my voice on the outgoing message in the off chance someone stumbled across it. I know ... I know ... what a waste of time, huh? It was a futile attempt at anonymity that didn't work anyway. I should really change my voice mail message at this point ...
2. What’s the wallpaper on your computer like? - This ... is my laptop wallpaper. Hey ... he will always be my Doctor. My iPhone wallpaper is a photo of my beautiful Valentine's Day roses. My ipad is a photo of another bouquet of flowers that Stoney sent. My work wallpaper is the Windows XP field. Boring ... I know. But I just gave myself a new CPU at work and didn't see the point in customizing it given my office's limited lifespan.
3. What’s stuck to your fridge door? - Various pictures and thank you cards. Some are really special to me ... College One's wedding thank you pictures ... a card from a fundraiser for Stoney's friends. I also have a few odd things stuck up there ... a ticket stub ... a post card from Alaska. Oh, and on the side, I keep a few pizza coupons should a last-minute need for pineapple and sausage strike me.
4. What’s your daily organizer like? - I use a program for my iPhone/iPad ... it's called Pocket Informant Pro ... and I don't know what I'd do without it. I think it was pricey ... maybe $15? But it has an amazing calendar that allows me to plan everything out ... color code every event ... and add alarms and reminders. Plus it has task lists, a notepad, and it syncs with Evernote. Seriously, if you need an organizer, check out this software. It's like having your own personal assistant.
5. What’s the signature on your personal emails like? - I don't have a signature on my e-mails anymore. Back when I did, it was a Lewis Carrol quote:
“Alice came to a fork in the road. 'Which road do I take?' she asked.I used to think it was clever. Then my life went to hell and I realized how deeply depressing that quote is. Now I don't use anything ... which ... quite frankly ... is probably worse.
'Where do you want to go?' responded the Cheshire Cat.
'I don't know,' Alice answered.
'Then,' said the Cat, 'it doesn't matter.”
When you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem
That you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on
Bill Withers - Lean On Me