Thursday, August 08, 2013

Sweetie, Your Mangina Is Showing ...


Let me set the stage ...

Imagine, if you will ... a small booth in the bar of a restaurant.  Three close friends have met for dinner ... two males and a female.  They sit and eat.  They laugh loudly and trade stories.  At one point, a heated debate breaks out ... over chick flicks.  What is the better movie?  Is it "The Notebook" ... or is it "A Walk to Remember?"
"Mandy Moore dies."
"So does Rachel McAdams."
"But Mandy Moore has cancer!"
"
Well, Rachel McAdams has Alzheimers."
"Landon becomes a doctor!"
"Yeah ... and that's when it sucks!"
"Drama Club!"
"Ryan Gossling!!"
"I figured out what was going on in the first five minutes!"
"Well, I'd hope so!  It wasn't a mystery!"
So, now that you know the scenario.  Of the three people sitting at the table, who would you guess was not part of this debate?  Stoney?  Nope!  J?  Wrong again!

The only person at the table without an opinion was, oddly enough, the only person at the table with a vagina ... me!

Two men.  Manly men.  Men who watch football ... and the Walking Dead.  Men who mow their grass ... and laugh at fart jokes.  These two men were having a heated discussion over two of the chickiest chick flicks ever made.

It was so goddamn charming.  It really was.  I mean, think about it ... if you sat having dinner with two guys debating which Fast and the Furious movie was the best ... or talking about Bruce Willis being fired from the new Expendables flick ... how special would that be?   We do talk about that kind of stuff ... but that's not us.  We have conversations that are unique and funny. 

I listen to stuff like this and it makes me smile.  I know I can be kind of flaky and weird sometimes ... and I'm so glad he puts up with my weirdness ... because his weirdness ... makes me happy.

Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe you're mine
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right
Now there's two less lonely people
In the world tonight

Air Supply - Two Less Lonely People In the World

No comments:

Post a Comment