Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Worthy Ending To a Great Show ...


Tonight was the series finale of Breaking Bad ... and it was a great night!

Stoney invited a few people over to watch the finale.  There were six adults ... the two of us and two other couples ... one of whom had a newborn daughter ... the other had a two year old son.  The boys watched the end of the Cowboy's game ... then we all kicked back for a Breaking Bad themed evening.  

We had all the fixins for tacos and burritos ... purple cupcakes in honor of Marie ... peach pie ... chips and salsa ... soda and beer ... and, of course, candy meth.  Shhhhh ... don't tell anyone ... but I also used First Wife's recipe and made corn casserole.  It was supposed to be a side dish?  Unfortunately, since Stoney and I hadn't really had breakfast, by the time I got there about one o'clock, we were both starving and decided the corn casserole would have to take one for the team.

Breaking Bad ... man ... I'm going to have to watch it again.  It seemed like time went so fast.  I guess that's the way it usually goes when you don't want something to end.   The scene with Gretchen and Elliott was amazing.   We all literally cheered when Badger and Skinny Pete showed up in Walter's car.  The end scene at Uncle Jack's compound was so cool.  Only Walter could make a self-rotating gun that would pop up out of his trunk.

So kudos to the whole Breaking Bad team ... it was a hell of a run ... a truly fantastic show.  And a big thank you to Stoney for having us all over ... you were a wonderful host!

Guess I got what I deserved
Kept you waiting there too long, my love
All that time without a word
Didn't know you'd think that I'd forget or I'd regret
The special love I had for you, my baby blue

Badfinger - Baby Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment