Thursday, September 19, 2013

Commere So I Can Give You a HUG!


Tomorrow is the big day.  My co-workers and I collectively decided we aren't going to be morose.  We aren't going to sit around and get weepy ... we'll just get through the day and call it good.  We all went about the morning doing last minute tasks ... tying up loose ends.  I had one last overhead to clean out and I finished that ... and, to be honest, I was feeling pretty down about the whole situation.

Then the most wonderful thing happened ... I got flowers.  Lots and lots of beautiful flowers!   Stoney sent me a gorgeous bouquet!  I was so happy when they were delivered!  I couldn't stop singing ... I literally danced around my empty little office and sang, "I got some flowers ... I got some flowers ... I ... got ... some ... flooowers!"

They made me happy the rest of the day ... every time I started feeling down, I'd look over at my vase and smile.  I'll post a picture of them tomorrow ... it will be a nice way to mark my last day.

I mentioned at lunch that I was going to take them home tonight ... and one of my co-workers said, "Really?  You're taking them home?  Couldn't you just leave them here for one night?  I mean, that way you'll have something to look at tomorrow ... and, to be honest, there's a much greater possibility of you showing up if you have those flowers as motivation!"

And so they're sitting on my desk ... and they are the only thing I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  I'm exhausted ... and I suspect that's subconsciously how I'm coping with the whole thing.  My body just wants to sleep until it's over.  So ... I could spend tonight being sad that everything is winding down ... or I could be giddy about the gorgeous flowers that will be waiting for me tomorrow morning.  Yeah, I'm gonna go with the latter ...

It starts in my toes
As I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes I always know
That you make me smile
Please stay for a while now
Just take your time
Wherever you go


Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment