Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baby Steps ... Baby Steps ...



It's funny how your confidence can waver.  How for no reason you start to doubt yourself ...

When I found out this new job would require taking a test, my nerve took a hit.  I'm not afraid of interviews ... not the least bit afraid of talking to people.  But math?  Why not drive me to Memorial and tell me to do brain surgery?  Or take me to Wrigley and tell me to hit a home run?

The plan was for them to send me one sample test to complete here ... and then I would have to complete a second test before the interview.  I had these horrible images in my head ... math problems that looked like they came straight off of a chalkboard in Goodwill Hunting. 

They told me about the test on Monday ... and as the days of the week progressed, the more my anxiety grew.  Stoney told me it would be alright ... Mom told me it would be alright ... but in my head, I knew my chance at a job was slipping away.

Today I finally got the practice test ... and I think everything is going to be alright.  I'm still worried ... because after all ... I really want this job!  But it isn't anything terribly overwhelming.   There were 21 questions ... a few punctuation, a few spelling, a few problem solving.  Most were logic ... look at this chart ... add this data and that data ... give the total.

My hopes are high.  I think I can do this.  My interview is next Tuesday at 2:30 ...it feels like a year away.

525,600 minutes
525,000 moments so dear
525,600 minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?
In daylights, in sunsets,
In midnights, in cups of coffee.
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife.
In 525,600 minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?

Rent - Seasons of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment