Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Bartering With Confections ...


I'm ending today both extremely happy ... and a teeny bit disappointed in myself.  

First off ... I got the call!  Tomorrow at 1:30 is my face-to-face interview!   I filled out the documents they sent me and ran to Mom's to print them off .  Other than picking out some clothes, taking a shower, and getting a good night's rest ... I'm ready to go.

So why be disappointed?  I didn't go for that walk today.  I could come up with some fabulous excuses ... I was taking care of the interview documents (which I was) ... or I was making Scotcharoos (which I did)  ... but the truth is that it was just too hot and humid outside.

After I left Mom's, I planned on going to the park before I hit the grocery store ... but I was sweating just walking across her parking lot.  Which ... I know ... is part of the reason I should be out walking.  But I don't like being hot.  I hate it.  It makes me irritable.   I don't like being irritable.  I like being happy.  Know what makes me happy?  Air conditioning.  I can't help it.  I'm just an enigma ... wrapped inside a mystery ... wrapped inside a taco.   A cool, air-conditioned taco of comfort. 

Heat aversion issues aside, I had a great evening.  Stoney came over ... and I traded him a couple batches of Scotcharoos for a nice dinner out.  True, his office buddies will have snacks tomorrow ... but dinner out?  I still think I got the better end of the deal!

So tomorrow is the big day.  I've had my shower.  I'm in my comfy pajamas.  I promise I won't stay up until one a.m. like last night.  I've made a short to-do list for tomorrow.  At this point, all I can do is keep my fingers crossed!

You load sixteen tons, what do you get
Another day older and deeper in debt
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the company store

Tennessee Ernie Ford - Sixteen Tons

No comments:

Post a Comment