Saturday, October 05, 2013

Friday 5: ID

Another unemployed Friday 5!  Let's hope this isn't a long-term trend ...

I'm going to get sentimental for a moment ... so if that's not your thing, feel free to move along.  I'm sure tomorrow I'll be less sappy.

For the longest time, I didn't get to do much of any socializing.  What little I did do, I always did by myself.  It's literally been decades since I socialized  as a couple.  In my previous relationship, we never threw parties ... or went to parties ... or had people over.  I don't really want to talk about how things were.  I only bring it up in the context of how amazing it feels now. 

Stoney invited everyone over for a game night.  Several friends came to have dinner and play Cards Against Humanity ... which, by the way, is a fantastic game, if you've never played.  Stoney made lasagna and I made bacon-wrapped brown sugar kielbasa ... everyone else brought delicious food too ... yeast rolls and brownies and a vegetable tray and dip and chips.

I just don't know how to put into words how special nights like these are to me ... when they're just so normal to everyone else.  I assume everyone else is used to going over and hanging out playing games with their friends ... I'm not.   It's just nice to feel ... included. 

So ... thank you, Stoney ... you make me happy in ways you don't even know.

And now ... sentimental moment aside ... onto Friday 5:

The Friday 5 

1.  What was the last t-shirt you acquired because it identified you as a member of a specific group? (you know, like a faculty t-shirt if you’re a teacher, or a class t-shirt if you’re a student, or a volunteer t-shirt for some event you helped with…)  - Well, I had a couple shirts with my agency logo embroidered onto them ... a jacket too now that I think about it.  But those weren't things I sought out or purchased.  In fact, I gave them all away.  So ... what I specifically bought because it identified me as a member of a group?  I bought  a comic-con t-shirt when I went to the convention in St. Louis.  I loved it ... I had to have one.  Um, I haven't worn it even once since I bought it ... but dammit it's in my closet should the need arise!

2.  What was the last event for which you filled out a HELLO MY NAME IS name tag? - I can't remember ... but oddly enough at the family dinner last Monday night, someone mentioned we should've used "Hello My Name Is" tags ... because no one knew who anyone was.  Obviously that side of the family isn't what you'd call "close" ...

3.  Besides websites and personal computers, how many things do you have passwords or combinations for in order to prove you’re authorized?
- Let's see ... I have a special password to authorize changes to my CWLP account ... same thing with Comcast.   I have PIN numbers to access my accounts with the three credit agencies ... and a PIN number for my ATM card, of course.  Other than e-mail and banking websites and such, I can't imagine too many things I have that require passwords or combinations.  I guess I don't do a lot of top-secret things ...

4.  What was the last thing you wrote your name on so that people would know it belonged to you?
- Back when I had a job, we had an office fridge.  No one stole in that office ... you never had to worry about your lunch disappearing ... but you did have to put your name on anything you left in there for over 24 hours otherwise it would be pitched.  We had one woman in our office who was meticulous when it came to cleaning that fridge.  So the last thing I put my name on?  It was probably a frozen meal I tossed up in the freezer.  In fact, it's probably still sitting in there right now ...

5.  What was the last thing you put your name on so people would know you supported a cause, or were a member of a side? - Gosh, I can't even remember.  I know I've signed petitions to let people run as aldermen for my section of the city.

Say my name, say my name
If no one is around you
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game
Say my name, say my name
You actin' kinda shady
Ain't callin' me baby
Better say my name

Destiny's Child - Say My Name

No comments:

Post a Comment