Saturday, October 05, 2013

Saturday Six #495

Wow ... what a drag it is getting old!  I got back from Stoney's house about one o'clock this morning ... which is a late night for yours truly.  I let the dog out to pee and wrote a blog post ... and was in bed passed out about two o'clock.   I didn't wake up until right around nine.  That's seven hours ... you think that would be pretty good, right?  Nope!  I am so drowsy.  I'm clearing off the DVR ... and about two steps away from falling back into a coma.  I wish it would rain ... I like napping when it rains ...

Wow ... I almost dozed off there.  Anyhow ... happy sleepy Saturday, everyone ...

Saturday Six

1. Have you ever participated in a Twitter chat on any topic? (If so, which chats?) - Nope ... I don't think I've been in a chat room since my AOL days.  The novelty of the Internet has worn off ... and it isn't thrilling anymore to say, "I talked to someone from Russia today!"  Big deal ... so has everyone else ...

2. If you were looking to join a live Twitter chat, which topics would you most be interested in discussing? - I don't know ... I don't do a lot of online chatting.  It isn't 1995 anymore, you know.  I guess I'd get involved in a chat if there were breaking news ... something where you wanted to share information and talk to others about what was happening.  I'm thinking 9/11 or some other huge event that you wanted to feel connected to others and get details on people near the event.  I don't know ... like I said, I'm not interested in the concept of chatting online.

3. How many social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc) do you currently have? - Let's see ... I have accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google+ ... along with FourSquare and MySpace, which no one uses anymore ... Google+ should probably be in that category.   That's eight right there ... but I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  I usually try out most new trends ... although I passed on SnapChat.  I'm not really into sending boob shots ...

4. Of those, which one do you spend the most time on? - Facebook is the winner hands down on this one.  It's odd how something so trivial has become a piece of everyone's day.  I check FB to stay connected ... to see what's going on with my friends and family ... check out everyone's new pics.  I don't get on Twitter much these days ... Instagram even less.  I love Pinterest ... but if I'm being honest?  Most of the time, I'm only browsing when I need a recipe.  

5. Which one do you spend the least time on?
- Google+ ... it's a no man's land with tumbleweeds blowing across the feeds.  I'm not sure what they were going for when they decided to design a network to rival Facebook but ... wow ... epic fail.  So sparse and minimalist ... and not in a good way.

6. What do you like least about the social network you’re on most? - It's almost "too" inclusive.  I wish there was a way to segregate conversations.  It's what Google+ was going for with it's "circles" concept.  I know Facebook has a similar option with their groups ... but it's clunky and hard to navigate.  What I'm imagining is an easy way to have one Facebook area for your friends ... another for your family ... another for co-workers ... maybe another for all?  The problem with this concept ... is the bleed over.  Yes ... yes, I have thought way too much about this.  Why do you ask?

Who remembers when it all began
Out here in No Man's Land
Before they passed the master plan
Out here in No Man's Land
Low supply and high demand
Here in No Man's Land

Billy Joel - No Man's Land

No comments:

Post a Comment