Monday, November 11, 2013

Birthday Snow!



Note:  This post is shorter than I'd like ... but I'm so beat.  So bear with me ... while I brag for just a minute ...

I don't think I could've planned a better day if I tried.  Well, that's not true ... because I would've planned to stay in bed most of the day.  But, aside from having to work ... my birthday was beautiful.

First off in the, "today is a miracle" category ... I got off 30 minutes early.   Stoney and I were planning on seeing the new Thor movie tonight ... but we knew it was going to take expert timing for us to make it happen.  Well, thanks to poor planning on other people's parts, today and tomorrow, I get to get off at five o'clock.

So I got to his house early ... where he had a bag full of presents for me.  I got a card that was beautiful and touching ... I'm looking at it right now because it's on my dresser right next to the Valentine's card he got me.  I try to deny it, but I'm a romantic at heart ... and reading it made me all marshmallowy and soft.

He got me a Tardis phone cover (squeeeeeeeeeeeee!) and many, many boxes of pocky!!  Plus he gave me the warmest and the softest Doctor Who throw ever ... plus a Big Bang Theory "soft kitty" snuggie!   I'm a geek girl ... who is cold all the time.  Does my man know me or what?   I'm keeping the throw at his house to use when we're watching TV and I brought soft kitty home.  This way, all my bases are covered!

We went on our date ... he took me to see Thor ... and when we left the theater, it was snowing.  Not just a little snow, mind you ... but lots of snow!  Snow kisses are amazing ... first snow kisses are magical!

So thank you to everyone who called or e-mailed or FB'ed me ... and thank you Stoney for making me feel so warm and loved.   It was worth getting another year older to spend my birthday with you!

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way
To see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star –
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me
While you were looking for yourself out there?

Train - Drops of Jupiter

No comments:

Post a Comment