Monday, November 25, 2013

Dreaming Is Free ...


Do you dream about work?

This weekend ... Friday and Saturday night ... I had dreams about work.   Very detailed dreams ... nothing weird or odd ... no floating or flying ... no teeth falling out or clothes disappearing.  I just sat at my desk ... looking at the queue ... doing work.

I'm not exaggerating.   I would look at a line and think, "Don't forget to delete the delivery charge on this one."  Or, "I need to make a note ... this client wants a hard copy of the invoice mailed to them."  I basically gave them two days of work for free ... because Saturday and Sunday I woke up just as tired and brain drained as if I'd actually gone into the office.

Plus today I had to get up early to put some treats in the oven for food day.  I just felt worn down today.  So much so that I went to my car at lunch ... drove it to the back of the lot and parked under a tree ... set the alarm on my phone .... turned the heater on to warm everything up ... and went to sleep.   I woke up after about twenty minutes sweating my figurative balls off because Toyota's heat up fast.   But I turned the heat down and dozed right back off.

Hopefully I'll get caught back up tonight ... and everything will reset back to normal.   I'm tired of going to sleep ... only to wind up back at work ...

When I met you in the restaurant
You could tell I was no debutante
You asked me what's my pleasure
A movie or a measure?
I'll have a cup of tea
And tell you of my dreaming
Dreaming is free

Blondie - Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment