I try to fight it. I take multi-vitamins ... okay, they're gummy vitamins but fuck you, they're still vitamins. I take extra Vitamin C ... hey, I like gummies, alright?! I even take extra Vitamin D because my blood work shows I'm dangerously low without it. But it doesn't matter ... it always happens.
Let's take last year. It was right around this time. I wanted to see a movie that was coming out. K and J happily agreed to go with me. It turned out to be a horrible movie ... but they were very supportive of my whims.
They invited Stoney to come with us. He wasn't Stoney at the time ... he was just "the cute guy J works with." He came along ... and most of what I remember from that night (other than the abysmal movie) ... was the ride back to our cars. J was driving ... K was adjusting the music ... and I sat in the back with Stoney. I felt horrible and he let me lean my head on his shoulder. Okay, well more accurately his arm since I am a yard gnome.
It was bad. I ended up missing Thanksgiving last year. And so ... since history repeats itself ... it doesn't surprise me that it's mid-November and I have a 100.2 temperature. It doesn't surprise me that my throat hurts and that I feel worn down and achy. I'm drinking orange juice and resting. This has to pass ... I have 41 more days until I have health insurance.
Maybe K was right all those years ago ... maybe I do need to live in a bubble!
2. When it comes to your weight and your mental picture of yourself, do you think it’s easier to see yourself heavier than you actually are or lighter than you actually are? - It's weird. I think I have a pretty clear picture of how heavy I am. However, my mom is always giving me grief because she says I buy clothes that are too big. She swears I don't see myself clearly because I don't buy the right size. I just don't like things tight on me ... so I buy big enough to make sure that doesn't happen. It seems like a reasonable plan.
3. If you had no idea how old you actually were and someone asked your age, would your answer more likely be older or younger than your true age? - I answered a similar question to this last week. I usually feel in my mid to late 30's ... not today ... but usually.
4. What aspect of your personality would most influence your answer to question #3? - I guess my sense of humor. I like to laugh a lot. I also like a lot of geeky things ... so it's easy to relate to younger people when you like to talk about gaming and the like ...
5. If you had to pick one or the other (no “equal mix of both”), do you tend to be more of a visionary or more practical in how you address problems? - I'm probably more practical. I'm a fixer. I like to fix problems ... and the quickest route from A to B is usually the easiest, best way. If I have to think out of the box, I can. But seriously ... why re-invent the wheel if you don't have to?
6. Do you feel that you are better or worse at solving problems than a person who’d answer question #5 the opposite way you did? - I'm probably worse. I admire people who can look at a problem and say, "How come we've never ..." Those are the people who invent new processes and new ways of doing things. I admire people who use a scalpel ... because I tend to use a hammer.
Leaves are brown.
And the sky
Is a hazy shade of winter
Hazy Shade of Winter