Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Nobody Wants To Be Alone ...


So I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.   It'll be my first time handling our queue by myself.  Not for an hour ... or half day ... but two whole days.   No co-worker and no team leader.  Just me.  This is pure, unadulterated lunacy.

My co-worker ... who from this day on will be called "Beiber" thanks to his spectacular hair cut ... told me not to be worried.  He said were usually slow right around the holidays ... and for the record, he's right ... we have  been relatively slow.  But he followed that up by saying, "Don't worry ... if it's really bad, it'll be character building."

The fuck?  That's something you say to someone who is just about to receive an extreme ass whooping.  "Sure, this ass beating will hurt ... but it's character building."  It wasn't the least bit comforting ... and I'm not entirely sure Beiber meant it to be.

So, today I did a load of laundry ... thought about resolutions ... picked up a few groceries ... and generally readied myself for the unspeakable horrors that the next 48 hours will bring.   I'm anticipating tomorrow's blog post to be a cornucopia of obscenities and hyperbole and despair.  That is, assuming, I still have the ability to string words together in a readable form in order to even write a blog post.

Wish me luck, everyone ... I will most definitely need it.

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself anymore
All by myself
Don't wanna live
All by myself anymore

Eric Carmen -
All By Myself

No comments:

Post a Comment