Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day ...


My wonderful Valentine's Day began with the sound of David Tennant's voice.  My text alert for Stoney is the 10th Doctor intoning, "Ahhhh, you've got a text!  You might want to read that ... it might be important!"

I was having a horrible, nonsensical dream when I woke hearing that familiar voice ... which I now associate with Stoney ... and it always makes me smile.  I rolled over and realized I'd been so tired the night before that I'd forgotten to plug in my phone.   Since I use it as an alarm clock, that's a stupid move.   But it had enough to juice that I got the text ... and just like that ... my wonderful Valentine's Day began.

Shortly after I came to work, a delivery came ... Stoney sent me two dozen red roses ... and a teddy bear ... and chocolates ... and the makings for the most relaxing bubble bath ever.   There was a card attached that nearly made me cry.  In fact, I'm sure I would've ... had my co-worker not been watching me ... waiting for me to share what was written on the card.  I didn't.

I've had his gift bag here with me all day ... afraid to leave it out in the car in case something would freeze and break.  I'm still debating on that one gift.  Should I take it out and leave it here?  It's still a crap shoot ... I have two more hours to deliberate.

A couple weeks ago, I was bemoaning the fact that I was sick of winter ... and that I wanted it to be spring so we could start grilling out again.   So several days ago, he offered to uncover everything tonight and grill out whatever I wanted ... and I named everything I was craving down to the fresh strawberry lemonade he makes.   But we plan ... and the universe laughs ...

There's a good four inches of snow that's come down since midnight.  It was still an awful mess when I went down to the car at lunch ... so we may have to call an audible.  No matter how much I'm craving something off the grill?  I'm happy with Stoney's ten fingers and ten toes ... and don't see the point in risking them.   We will probably call an audible.   But that's alright.  Because in the end?   I'd eat a frozen pizza and think it was prime rib as long as I was sharing it with him. 

Happy Valentine's Day, Pookie ... I love you!

I hear your name, in certain circles
And it always makes me smile
I spend my time,thinking about you
And it’s almost driving me wild
And there's a heart that’s breaking
Down this long distance line tonight

John Waite - Missing You

No comments:

Post a Comment