Saturday, March 15, 2014

Friday Five: Breath

What a day ... what a day.  I can't say I've accomplished much.  Two loads of laundry ... I guess that's something.  But while Stoney was constructing furniture and doing house repairs at his house ... I was basically napping over here.   I wasn't very motivated, I guess ... maybe tomorrow?

We had a nice evening though.  Every year my aunt has this St. Patrick's Day dinner ... corned beef and cabbage with bacon and new potatoes and deviled eggs ... and my cousin, who doesn't care for any of the above, brought a crock pot of lasagna.  I said we ... I had a nice time.  I think Stoney had a nice time.  But he was wonderful to go with me ... considering he spent the day building furniture and was sore and achy ... and I'm sure would've rather stayed in his recliner and watched basketball. 

Hopefully dinner made up for it, hon ... thanks so much for coming with me.  You're always great company ...

The Friday 5 

1.  What are your weapons in the fight against bad breath?  I really worry about bad breath.  Does everybody worry about it?  We all must, right?  I brush my teeth ... I have mouthwash ... I have mints ... I keep those new Wisp's in my purse and in my desk and in my car.   I even keep a toothbrush and travel toothpaste in my purse in case I eat something particularly stinky at lunch. 

2.  What activity most recently caused you to be out of breath? - It's not a sexy answer ... but it's true.  Last night I carried a huge, over-stuffed basket of clean laundry to the second floor of my house from the basement ... and by the time I set it down, my arms were aching.  The moral of the story?  Wash smaller loads, ThirtyWhat.  Sigh ... yeah, yeah ... lesson learned.

3.  How does your breath smell right now? - I haven't brushed my teeth before bed yet.  I had corned beef and lasagna for dinner ... and I'm drinking an ice-cold cup of lemonade right now.  So ... probably like a stinky, beefy lemon?  Not pleasant, I'm sure ...

4.  What are some songs in your iTunes (or other media player) whose titles contain the word “breath” or “breathe?” Which is your favorite? - Faith Hill's Breath?  Prodigy's Breath?  Berlin's Take My Breath Away?  My favorite?  The Police's Every Breath You Take ... which is not a love song, by the way ...

5.  What was the last thing you cleaned using condensation from your breath? - My glasses, I suppose.  I can't seem to have them on more than an hour without having smudges or smears.  You'd think I'm doing some kind of manual work ... but I assure you I'm not.  I'm just a very un-graceful girl who can't keep her hands off her face.

So raise your hands to heaven and pray
That we'll be back together someday
Tonight, I need your sweet caress
Hold me in the darkness
Tonight, you calm my restlessness
You relieve my sadness

Breathe - Hands to Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment