Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Birthday To My Girls ...


Happy birthday ... to Idiot's Anonymous and Miniature Moose.

I'm not going to get all maudlin or melancholy ... because this is a happy and joyous occasion.  When I met them, they were two small girls ... funny and sweet.   They grew to be two smart and independent and beautiful women ... whom I love very, very much.

I will say this though ... they are two of the three reasons that I don't just sit down and cry for wasting so much of my life.  Knowing them made every moment worth it.  Knowing the two of them and their sister ... and being able to watch them grow and learn ... they made me a better person.  

Come to find out after all these years?  They taught me twice as much as I ever taught them.

They're in Chicago tonight having the time of their lives.   And if their weekend is half as amazing as they are?  They will have spectacular stories to tell at dinner next week.

Happy Birthday, you two ... have a drink for me ...

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Stevie Wonder - Isn't She Lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment