I'm a little sad. My upcoming week is going to be so stressful ... and I'm sad that I wasted an entire Saturday. So ... I'm trying to just focus on how much fun Friday night was ... and how great Saturday morning was too. There's no sense in crying over spilt milk, after all.
I'm going to enjoy a relaxing Sunday ... take a hot shower later ... and watch the finale to True Detective. It's all about appreciating the little moments ...
1. What is a most pleasant sound to wake up hearing? - My favorite thing to hear when I'm waking up ... is Stoney saying good morning. It's the best way to wake up in the world ...
2. What is a most pleasant sound to fall asleep hearing? - I love falling asleep to rain. Light rain is nice ... thunder is even better. Once I have the tree taken down out front so that I don't live in mortal fear of waking up to a giant tree limb pinning me in my bed, I'll enjoy storms a hundred times more.
3. What’s a more annoying sound: car alarms or leaf-blowers? - Neither are wonderful ... but I'm going to go with leaf blowers. I don't hear a lot of either in my neighborhood ... but I hear leaf-blowers occasionally in the summer. I hate being woken up to that sound on the weekends ... but hey, at ten o'clock I can't really complain.
4. What’s a sound most people seem to like but you hate? - The Beatles?
5. What’s a sound most people seem to hate but you like? - Okay ... this is hard to believe, I know ... but I love the music to "It's a Small World." I know most of the population wants to shove an ice pick into their ear drum when they hear it ... but it genuinely makes me happy. I was almost vibrating with happiness when I went on the ride several years ago. I think it's because my parents used to live close to Disneyland years and years ago. They took my brother pretty frequently ... and she rode that ride when she was pregnant with me. She loves that song ... and I think as a tiny fetus I just absorbed it by osmosis.
It's a world of hopes and a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all
Disney - It's a Small World After All