Wrong ... I ate less than half of one side and I feel horrible. My stomach is doing some kind of churning, gurgling, groaning thing ... this just can't end well. I've taken three Pepto pills. I'd say they aren't helping but Heaven knows what would be going on if I hadn't taken them! Best not to even speak of it ...
1. When did you most recently feel like a salmon swimming upstream? - My mom's friend used to say, "If you feel like you're swimming upstream, then you're going the wrong way." This week ... when I was dropping everything and nothing was working? I was swimming upstream ... and it was exhausting. Not sure what I did to fix it ... but by lunch I felt like I was back in the zone. It's a horrible feeling.
2. When did you most recently feel like a sheep following the herd? - I usually have that feeling at work. Everyone is donating towards this or that. Everyone is going here or going there. I didn't realize how independent I was at my last job ... until I came to this one. It's a little disheartening, to be honest. I miss my quiet office ... and I miss my independence.
3. When did you most recently feel like a dog whose bark is worse than its bite? - I had to stand up to a couple CSRs this week ... which is hard because I have no authority. I can tell someone they need to dial it back? But if they don't, I'm pretty much screwed. Sigh ... I need a new job ...
4. When did you most recently feel like the cat whom curiosity killed? - This last week, I was coming home from Stoney's a little late. Not terribly late ... probably nine thirty or ten? In any case, I drove into the driveway, got out of my car, and heard something. I walked around to the front of the house ... then walked around to the other side to see what might being going on between the two houses. Only when I got inside did it hit me ... that was an incredibly stupid thing to do. In my neighborhood? In the dark? At ten o'clock at night? No ... I need to get my silly ass indoors and not be walking around in the dark following strange sounds. Luckily I think it was just a cat ... but still ... it scared the tar out of me ...
5. When did you last keep the hours of a night owl? - Hmmmmm ... I can't even remember. I don't stay up terribly late these days. I guess when I was unemployed? I was only unemployed for five or six weeks ... but it got bad for awhile. I was staying up until three a.m. ... then sleeping until eleven or twelve. Thank God I got a job ... I was well on my way towards being a bum!
na-na, Why don't you get a job?
Say no way, say no way ya, no way
na-na, why don't you get a job?
The Offspring - Why Don't You Get a Job