Sunday, March 30, 2014

Post #2


Sometimes I really do sit back and think ... I'm the luckiest girl alive.

This weekend, Stoney and I went to St. Louis ... and I don't know how to talk about this without either gushing or sounding like a travelogue.

I love hotels ... I really do.   There's something about it ... going in and discovering a brand new space ... a big comfy bed ... everything clean and neat.   He got us a room at a hotel called The Moonrise ... I love this hotel.  Besides the fact it is right down from the Pageant, it was the definition of cool.
Everything was moon themed ... our room was retro and hip.



We walked a couple blocks to a place called Vintage Vinyl ... which was like walking into a scene out of Empire Records or High Fidelity.  I didn't know stores like that existed anymore.  It was both fascinating and a little disquieting all at the same time.

On the walk back, we found a little candy shop that had delicious chocolate ... including ... chocolate covered bacon.  Now wait ... I know you're thinking it sounds nasty.  But ... there aren't any words for how delicious it was.  The bacon was thick and so crispy ... and the chocolate was smooth and rich.  It's not like I'd want it on a regular basis?  But if I die tomorrow, I'll be happy knowing I got to taste it.


The reason we traveled south was to see the Drive By Truckers.  A good friend of Stoney's has ALS ... and they know the band.  So we not only went to the show ... but we got to show some love and support to some great people.   They hosted a dinner at a nice restaurant called Pi ... and the guys came across the street and ate with us.  Everyone was friendly and gracious ... they gave us wrist bands to sit in their reserved VIP area.   It was a fantastic evening ...


Then on top of it ... this morning we woke up and Stoney took me to a place called Strange Donuts where I had a maple-glazed doughnut that was topped with crispy bacon.  I know ... it sounds like the theme of this weekend was bacon, doesn't it?   Afterwards, drove over to Alton to try a place called Fast Eddies Bon Air for lunch.   Try it sometime ... the food is really, really good and the prices are crazy cheap.


I am tired ... bone tired ... but so very happy.  I had a fantastic weekend ... with a tall, handsome man.  I ate some delicious pizza ... and decadent chocolate ... and stayed in a hotel that was classy and hip.  I saw a great band ... we had a fun ride home ... and I had the sweetest kiss goodbye.

Seriously ... not sure what else is left to write except ... thank you.   The chocolate bacon was mind blowing ... but you ... are what made the weekend awesome ...

I find I spend my time
Waiting on your call,
How can I tell you, baby
My back's against the wall
I need you by my side
To tell me it's alright,
'Cos I don't think I can take anymore

Whitesnake - Is This Love

No comments:

Post a Comment