Friday, April 11, 2014

Blast From the Past ...


Thursday was another food day at my work ... I swear we have more food days than St. John's Bread Line.   On that same day, Stoney's team was celebrating their teammate winning employee of the month.   So ... to the kitchen we both headed.

He made a delicious dinner ... then I took out the pans and started making candied bacon.  I'd bought two pounds ... and, by the way, I've found the perfect bacon for that project.  If you're interested?  Cracker Barrel thick-cut bacon ... it's at County Market ... look it up.

Anyhow ... as I'm elbow deep in brown sugar and maple syrup, Stoney was keeping us entertained.  He decided to go back and read the old posts on this blog ... reading backwards ... each post going further and further back.   Good lord ... listening to him read was hilarious ... and embarrassing.   So many things I'd forgotten about ... so many things I hadn't.

There were points that he was laughing so hard he was almost crying ... and that made me smile.  I can be funny.   Most of the time, I'm not ... but I can be.   Mostly when I'm angry.  I think I'm like a much-much-less-talented Louis Black.  I do my best work when I'm frothing.

When the evening was over, we had two pounds of candy bacon ... a crock of sausage dip ... and two very sleepy ... but very happy ... people.  Not sure if the rest of the world liked the results of our evening's work ... but I did. 

Thanks, Stoney ... you made the night a blast ...

You don't know how you met me
You don't know why
You can't turn around and say goodbye
All you know is when I'm with you
I make you free
And swim through your veins
Like a fish in the sea

Uncle Kracker - Follow Me

No comments:

Post a Comment