Saturday, April 05, 2014

Friday Five: Usage

I've spent the afternoon dozing.  You know how we joke about those "30 minute naps" that really last two hours?  Hah ... I'm not even going to say how long I slept this afternoon because it's embarrassing.  We stayed up a little late talking ... and we woke up kind of early?  I guess I must've been really tired. 

But ... I'm up now.  I cleaned the kitchen ... straightened up my bedroom ... and have Bolivia's gift bag ready for tomorrow.  It's been a pretty wonderful weekend so far ... I've seen two fun movies ... one stretched out on a comfy couch and another at the theater cuddled next to Stoney with popcorn and a frozen Coke.  Seriously?  What more could a girl ask for?  Bring on the birthday cake!

The Friday 5 

1. What was the occasion that called for your most recent use of a power tool? - I'm afraid I'm not one for power tools.  The only power tool I even own right now is a cordless drill.  I've hung new mini-blinds using it ... but that's about the most I'll ever be able to brag about.  Me with a power saw?  Hah!! God help us all!

2. What was the occasion that called for your most recent use of a postage stamp? - I bought a postage stamp from one of my co-workers recently.  I used it to mail a birthday card to my Mom ... so that would've been ... what?  Back in January?  Between my bank's bill pay option and websites in general?  I mainly use postage stamps for Christmas cards.  It's no wonder the USPS is going under ... I'm certainly not helping the situation.

3. What was the occasion that called for your most recent use of a threatening word or gesture? - I shake my first at Stoney now and then ... but despite my best squinty-eyed scowl, I don't think it's very threatening.

4. What was the occasion that called for your most recent use of some transparent tape? - Wrapping Christmas presents, I suppose.  Or wait, no!  Wrapping Stoney's birthday presents.  No wait ... wrapping Valentine's day presents.  Oh hell ... let's just say "wrapping gifts" in general and call it good, kay?

5. What was the occasion that called for your most recent use of Wikipedia? - Tonight ... I was re-watching the Game of Thrones marathon on HBO and wondered ... scientifically were dragons possible?   Sure, they're stuff of myths and legends ... but were dragons possible?   I don't know if I'm a bigger idiot or nerd ... but it was a fun read.

I'm waking up to ash and dust
I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust
I'm breathing in the chemicals

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

No comments:

Post a Comment