Sunday, April 27, 2014

My Lost Weekend ...


Time's an odd thing.   Scientifically, it's a constant.  Sixty seconds today ... is sixty second tomorrow.  Sixty seconds for me ... is sixty seconds for you.   But, as Doctor Who once said ... actually ... from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint ... it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly ... time-y wimey ... stuff.

Let's take this weekend for example.  It was the same time span ... Friday night to Sunday night ... as always.  And yet this weekend lasted ... oh, I'd say about a week.

The last couple weekends passed very quickly.   I'm not sure if it was because I spent a lot of time at Stoney's house.   Or maybe it was because we had a lot of activities planned those weekends.   Time just flows differently at his house.  I remember dozing off in New Bed on a Friday night and feeling like I woke up on a Sunday morning.  The time just flew.

This weekend?  Not so much.

It's not a bad thing.  I've actually accomplished a lot.   Sure ... I could've done without yesterday's nonsense.  But despite it, I was able to sort through all my junk mail ... which I'd let pile up to an obscene amount.  I shredded anything with my name on it and things are much neater now.  I finished two loads of laundry ... ran the vacuum cleaner upstairs ... cleaned the bathroom ... went to the grocery store.

There's still things I need to do ... but I'm pretty proud of what I finished despite someone pissing all over my parade.   I also could've done without hearing Honey Boo Boo and the Squidbillies having a 48 hour hootenanny ... but ... hey ... no one got shot so ... winning?

I'm winning
I'm winning
I'm winning
I'm winning and I don't intend on losing again

Steve Winwood - I'm Winning

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how I hate to be THAT guy. But this isn't a Steve Winwood song. This is Santana. There are two videos of this song on YouTube claiming Steve Winwood as the artist, but it's clear from the first few measures that it's Santana's recording. I agree that the vocalist has a Stevie-like quality, but it's actually Alex Ligterwood.

    :) and <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can TOTALLY be that guy. The weird thing ... I googled "lyrics I'm Winning" and it came up with Santana. I was like ... no ... no ... I want the Steve Winwood song! So I googled "lyrics Steve Winwood I'm Winning" and found ONE link with Steve ... the rest for Santana. I kept thinking, "Man, I didn't know Santana had a hit with a song with the same name!" LOL

    I ... am an idiot! LOL For what it's worth ... it DOES sound like him ... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to verify who really recorded it. I looked for it on YouTube thinking it was Steve Winwood, and immediately found the video by Santana. Then I found other links to the same video with Winwood's name. I also find many arguments over which of the two artists really recorded the song.
    So I'm wondering, maybe it's both? Perhaps Winwood sang and Carlos played? The guitar seems undoubtedly to be Santana, but the vocal really sounds like Winwood. It seems like too big a coincidence that so many people have it wrong, yet they all have the same wrong name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now I have to retract that suggestion. I've found live videos of Ligterwood performing it. I guess it just sounds so similar to Winwood that a lot of us made the same mistake.
    I...am also an idiot. But it's an awesome song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:33 AM

    I heard this song over the weekend and argued with my husband as to who the artist was (I thought it was Winwood on vocals as well).

    Glad to know I'm not the only one who was wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete