What is the difference between a bar and my office? 

One is a building where people mill around aimlessly while carrying on loud conversations that are SO loud you can barely hear yourself think.  The other ... serves liquor.

I am a friendly person.  No.  Really.  I know I've written posts that would make you question that statement; but I assure you, I'm a comfortable blend of introvert and extrovert.  I love (love) quiet nights at home watching television or talking or reading a good book.  But I also love being around our friends and telling stories and laughing.

And I don't mind people talking at work ... whether it's about our work or our personal lives.  But common ... be reasonable.  If you stand over me having a 20 minute conversation about the Farmer's Market when I'm trying desperately to get a rush order out ... I'm going to be annoyed.

And this afternoon?  I was very, very annoyed.

Why don't I say something?  Because it's difficult, if not flat out impossible, to tell your supervisor to shut the hell up.   To be clear ... I don't care that you're having french toast this weekend ... I don't care that you love apple slushies ... I don't care that you love blackberries and hate blueberries. 

I do not fucking care!

This afternoon I had a SPLITTING headache ... primarily brought on because I kept turning my headphones up in a futile attempt to drown out their mindless prattling.  I just wanted to sit quietly ... to spend the last 75 minutes of my work day working

Because that's what I'm being paid for ... to work.  Not to plan the next food day.  Not to debate the price of artisan, micro-brewed, raspberry wheat ale. Not to talk about PUPPIES for sweet fucks sake.

I need a drink.  Thank FUCK it's Friday.


I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday i don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love

The Cure - Friday I'm In Love