Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Thankful ... And Sleepy ...


I spent the evening tonight with three of the best people on the planet.   My girls took me out for a Mother's Day dinner at III Tomassos Italian Bistro ... and gave me a sweet card and awesome gift.

It's weird to think about how little they were that first night I met them at Mario's all those years ago.  Heck, they were drinking out of kiddie cups back then.  Fast forward ... and we're now sitting around discussing Game of Thrones, debating the merits of various birth control, and sharing stories of peril ... mine about the horrific night of the wasp ... College One's about getting their Prius stuck on a dirt path on a mountain in West Virginia.  She wins, by the way.  No matter how many wasps you fight, it isn't as bad as being stuck in the middle of nowhere where there's a chance of being abducted by hillbillies or eaten by a bear.

Idiots Anonymous and Miniature Moose talked about wanting to get a grill ... I offered them mine.  The only drawback is that I don't honestly remember the last time I used it.   There's a chance that a spider (or multiple spiders) have taken up residence in it.  If they have, I suggest we let it go ... give the grill over to the arachnids if it keeps them out of the house.

We visited until eight.   By then the restaurant was clearing out ... and the waitress had circled several times with the familiar, "Do you girls need any more drinks?" question ... which is a thinly veiled way of saying, "You don't have to go home but you gots to get the hell outta here."

I love you guys ... thank you for dinner ... thank you for the laughs ... thank you for the hugs.


Closing time
Open all the doors and
Let you out into the world
Closing time
Turn all of the lights on
Over every boy and every girl
Closing time
One last call for alcohol
So finish your whiskey or beer
Closing time
You don't have to go home
But you can't stay here

Semisonic - Closing Time

No comments:

Post a Comment