Thursday, June 19, 2014

I Call For a Vote ...


So ... I'm putting this out there for the world ...

MacArthur Park

Worst song you've ever heard?
or
Worst song ever recorded?

It's okay.  Be honest.  You can vote either way. 

Because common ...
What other choice
do you have with lyrics like:

Spring was never waiting for us, girl
It ran one step ahead
As we followed in the dance
Between the parted pages and the prayers
Still love's hot, fevered iron
Like a striped pair of pants

Like a striped pair of pants.  Soak that in.

My hair bands did suck for the most part ... 
but at least no one was singing about their pants.

Back me up here, Internet ...

2 comments:

  1. I'm voting for "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet. Remember that awful song Tia Carrere sings in the first Wayne's World movie? It didn't suck because Tia can't sing (she can; just not loud rock stuff). It sucked because that's the worst rock song in history.

    And if you can get past MacArthur Park's strange lyrics, the Donna Summer cover is actually not that bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "Run, Joey, Run" and "Feelings" have MacArthur Park beaten. They are both "I'd rather pierce my eardrums with an ice pick than listen to this crap" bad.

    ReplyDelete