Monday, July 28, 2014

Us ... on Saturday Night ...


(a visual representation of
us on Saturday night)

So here's my whiny, bitchy crab fest from this weekend.

Friday night ... I did not sleep well.   Other than getting to cuddle with Stoney, it was just not awesome.  I got up four times ... and between those four times I would lay there ... not being able to go back to sleep.  The frustrating thing is that there comes a point of no return.  There comes a point when you think, "I could take some Tylenol PM, but it's already one a.m."  

If you don't have any plans, you can say fuck it ... and knock yourself out.  You'll wake up at noon on Saturday ... but who cares?  

If you have plans?  Buckle up ... the next day is gonna be rough.

So ... I was awake when Stoney woke up around six.  By six thirty we were up and making bacon/sausage wraps for the charity scrapbooking/craft day.   I planned on being at the event about eight a.m. ... but I totally overshot it.  I was tired.  I was achy.  I didn't want to eat any bacon/sausage wraps ... so that right there tells you that all was not right in the world of ThirtyWhat.  

I ended up leaving the event early.  I was too tired to be social ... too tired to be creative ... too tired to be of any use to anyone.  So I went back to Stoney's and eventually texted everyone to tell them I wasn't feeling well and that we wouldn't be joining everyone for dinner.

Oh, the carping that ensued.  They gave Stoney hell ten ways to Sunday for not coming. 

Thing is neither one of us wanted to go.  Our reservation was late ... it was stormy ... he'd already had a late lunch with some other friends ... and, by God, occasionally you ought to be able to simply say, "I'd rather not."

The word from the grapevine today is that dinner that night was subdued ... because "it was late and everyone was tired."  What?  Really??  You don't say? After a twelve hour long day, everyone was too tired for a fun night out?  Color me shocked!

Meanwhile, our Saturday night was spent with me yoga pants ... a dinner of delicious BLTs with extra B ... playing musical catch phrase ... and ending with me taking a long, long, hot shower.   I'm sorry we were the voice of reason in a sea of temporary insanity ... but common.  I don't expect a whole lot ... but work with us, people!

And it's too late, baby, now it's too late
Though we really did try to make it
Something inside has died and I can't hide
And I just can't fake it

Carole King - It's Too Late

No comments:

Post a Comment