Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Own, Personal Hell ...


I am part of a very small team at work.  Two people.  There are a lot of backups ... people who jump in and help from time to time when things get particularly busy.  But fundamentally it comes down to just me and my teammate.

My teammate is on his honeymoon.  He's out until the end of the month.  He was out earlier this month for a few days for the wedding ... and I thought that was bad.  Silly me.  I had no ... Earthly ... idea.

There's a woman who works on the west coast who is part of our backup team.  She's worked for the  company for over twenty years ... and has a very high opinion of herself.  Just ask ... she's more than happy to tell you.  In fact ... don't ask ... it won't matter.  She'll still tell you.

I've worked at my new job for ten months now.  And somehow I've managed to do it pretty darned well.  At least I thought I did ... until the Wicked Witch of the West picked up my scent.  Ever since my teammate went on his honeymoon, she's contacted me every day to point out something I've done wrong ... whether it's calling to counsel me on "best practices" ... or jumping onto an order to answer a question that didn't involve her ... or e-mailing me pages out of the corporate handbook.

I am not exaggerating this.  It is fucking ridiculous.  I'm to the point of tears ... and when I cry ... I get angry.

Today I made the mistake of joking with someone that she'd actually gone all day without contacting me.  I jinxed myself ... because at 5:25 she IM'ed me to ask me to call her before I left at 5:30.  She then proceeded to politely chew me out.

There were three large orders that said, "Do not invoice until the CSR has coded in the discount."  So I waited ... and when I looked and saw a discount, I invoiced out my lines.

Witch Bitch called to tell me that although there was a discount ... it wasn't the right discount.  So now she was having to re-invoice everything I'd done on that order.  She let me know that I should've verified that the discount was correct before proceeding.

I sat there ... my eye twitching ... letting her finish and not interrupting.  When she finally let go of the large chunk of ass she'd had in her teeth, I quietly asked, "Do you think maybe the CSR could've written a second note to say, "This is ready to invoice?"  She then spent five minutes lecturing me on how terribly busy the CSRs are ... and how it's our job to make their job easier.

I'm the only goddamned person doing the job of two people.  I haven't had a morning or afternoon break all week.  I've taken calls on my lunch hours.  I've worked late twice.  But by all means ... let me make someone else's job easier.

My team leader was walking to the bathroom and saw me as I hung up the phone.  I don't know what I looked like ... but it couldn't have been good.  He pulled up a chair and wanted to know what was going on.

I told him everything ... but I can't imagine anything will change.  On Tuesday I showed him the note she left me that said I shouldn't be bothering the CSRs with questions.  Today she's saying I messed these orders up because I should've been asking the CSR questions.  I'm sorry a house fell on your sister but seriously, bitch ... pick a goddamned side and stick with it.

I am so frustrated.  I have to stay at this job until October so my cousin can get her referral bonus ... but after that, I'm going to considering leaving.  I can't take this kind of stress every day ...


I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it
Any other way

Meredith Brooks - Bitch

No comments:

Post a Comment