Monday, August 25, 2014

So Thankful ... So Grateful ...


So ... I want to bitch and moan and rant and rave about the Witch Bitch from the other day ... about how she held an order back for two hours ... and about how the CSR called me personally, eight minutes before the state closed, begging me to fix it ... and about how, rather than be ashamed that she held onto a finished job for two hours, called me and chewed me out about "paying twice" for an order rather than asking her if she'd finished it.

I want to point out what a fucknut that person is ... and how frustrating it is to work with someone who spends their time nit picking and blaming other for their mistakes.

But ... I won't.  I have bigger fish to fry.

On Saturday, I walked into Stoney's house with several bags of groceries ... and, as he helped me and took some of them and we walked to the kitchen, I noticed a vase of roses on his coffee table.

Me:  You got flowers?
Him:  They're for you!
Me (skeptical):  Really?
Him:  Yes!  I saw them at the store and thought, "She needs some roses!"
Me (skeptical):  Really?
Him:  Yes!  And look in the fridge ...
Me (looking)
Him:  Chicken wings!  I'm going to grill your favorite wings for you this afternoon!
Me (skeptical):  Really?
Him:  Yes!
Me:  Are you dumping me?
Him:  That's an odd way to come at this.
Me:  It's all just so ... wonderful.  Are you sure this isn't one of those "giving a dog a bunch of treats right before you take them to the vet to put them down" type things?
Him:  You have issues ...

Yes ... I clearly have issues.  Cause I should've just jumped in his arms and said, "Thank you, baby!!"

The whole weekend was wonderful.  Beautiful, red roses ... my favorite grilled chicken wings ... Spongebob mac and cheese (hey, I love shaped mac and cheese ... don't be a hater).  Saturday evening he bought me Diablo III for the Xbox One ... cause he knows his girl is queen of the nerds.  Then, on Sunday, while I played like six hours of Diablo, he made the most delicious chicken and noodles.

He gave me a wonderful weekend.   Thank you, hon ... you're the best!

Hey ... guess what?   I love you!

I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
Is having the best day of my life

Dido - Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment