Saturday, September 27, 2014

Baby Steps ... Baby Steps ...


A week later ... and I think I might live.   If I'd still worked at my old job, I would've taken most of the week off ... staying in bed and getting better.  But if wishes were fishes ... we'd all be at Red Lobster eating unlimited shrimp scampi.   I don't have six weeks of leave saved up at this job ... and so I went in ... coughing and feverish.

Stoney's been sick.  He missed three days of work and has felt like hell.  After work, I took dinner over to eat with him a couple times.   It was nice to spend that time with him ... see how he was doing and take care of him just a little.   Once we're living together it will be easier to take care of each other ... but ... in the meantime ...

I haven't accomplished anything this week.  Well, aside from crocheting.  I haven't packed a single box or cleaned out a single room.  I worked ... and then came home and crawled into bed.  I don't have an appetite and didn't eat lunch all week.  I only ate breakfast because I needed something on my stomach to take my levaquin.  I'd probably have lost a lot of weight if not for my love of IBC cream soda.  I'm trying to drink water ... but that cream soda feels so good on my throat ... so very good.

One night this week, in the middle of the night, I woke up feverish and sick.  I got up to go to the bathroom and my mind was racing.  I would never be able to move in with Stoney if I didn't get this house finished.  I started thinking of what all I needed to do ... buy more garbage bags ... get the 2nd spare room cleaned out ... clean out the basement ... get the front door trimmed ... rent a dumpster.  I finally had to lay down and take deep breaths and tell myself that I would work on it this weekend.

So today ... the plan is to pack and clean.  I have boxes ... I have packing tape ... it's time to get this stuff moving.   I can't lie ... I really want to lay down and sleep some more.  But if I work in shifts ... clean and rest ... clean and rest ... I think I'll be alright.

I'm alright
Nobody worry 'bout me
Why you got to gimme a fight
Can't you just let it be

Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright

No comments:

Post a Comment