Monday, September 15, 2014

Look At That Adorable Lil' Face ...


So my nickname has been "bear" since I was a baby.  My family calls me Bear ... it generally helps to identify me in a conversation ... separate me from my aunt ... since we share the same name.  My ex made a point of "outting" my nickname on the Internet ... as if Bear was something humiliating.  Fuck that noise.  My Dad called me Bear.  It's a good memory ...

In any case ... the point is that I've always known I'm a bear ... I just never knew what kind.  I thought it might've been a polar bear?  Until this weekend ...

There's a commercial on television that shows an adorable little koala sleeping in a tree ... with text beneath it that says, "Koalas sleep between 18 and 22 hours a day." 

When I saw this commercial, I looked at Stoney and happily exclaimed ... "I'm a koalaAnd I'm undersleeping!"

This is a bit of a joke because, left to my own devices, I'd sleep upwards of ten hours a day.  Easily.  If I'm worn down or sick?  We could stretch that to eleven or twelve.  Easily.   Heck, when we got back from Champaign this morning, I curled up on our big bed to take a nap ... and fell into a deep hole for about three hours.

Yes ... three hours is a nap in my world.  Yup ... I'm a koala ...


Some folks say that bears go around smelling bad
Others say that a bear is honey sweet
Some folks say this bear's the best I ever had
Some folks got a bear beneath their feet

Lyle Lovett - Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment