Sunday, October 12, 2014

Putting It All Togther ...


Okay ... there are a few things I have to get together.

First ... my laptop.

I've had a wonderful few days.  Steak fried rice one night ... pork chops another.  A Blu-Ray of Cabin in the Woods and shared popcorn one night ... shopping for groceries and an evening with First Wife on another.

I've been at Stoney's since Tuesday.  Which means ... I haven't had my laptop since Tuesday.  He graciously offered to let me borrow his ... which I appreciate very, very much.  He has a very nice laptop ... same brand and similar to mine but with a much, much larger screen.  His offer was tempting ... and it would've taken care of the blogging issue. 

Unfortunately for me ... fortunately for him ... he's a math whiz.  He has no use for Quicken ... which is the digital equivalent of "Balancing Your Checkbook For Dummies."  It keeps me square to the penny though ... and I love it.

And so ....  without Quicken, I haven't balanced my account since Tuesday.  Not a terribly big deal ... I have a nice cushion in the account.  But since the severance from my old job stopped last month, I no longer have the financial freedom I used to enjoy.  No more wild spending sprees ... and I haven't had a pedicure in at least six weeks!

In any case, balancing is a little more important now.  So I'm going to have to remember to throw it in a bag and take it with me if I'm going to spend any time at his house.

There were several times I wanted to blog about ... some happy ... some sad.  Let's see ...

I wanted to blog about the amazing chicken and noodles that Stoney makes ... so buttery and delicious.  That was happy.  I wanted to blog about the amazing candles we got at Bath & Body Works last month ... pumpkin pecan waffles ... they make the house smell like a Heavenly IHOP.  That was happy.  I wanted to blog about how we spent the evening with our friend and her baby daughter last week ... and how much it hurts to be around a baby knowing there's no chance to ever have our own.  That was sad.

I also considered writing about a nightmare I had that involved a basement full of spiders ... and how I woke up screaming ... and how Stoney hugged me and talked to me and kissed my head until I was calm enough to fall back to sleep.  Not a great topic for a blog post ... but in the end it didn't matter because I didn't have my laptop.

So ... let's add my laptop to the list of things I need to take to Stoney's house.  That list includes more clothes, my piano, china hutch, oak table ... and my old heating blanket since he seems rather taken with the one I bought this weekend.

I'm coming out
I want the world to know
Got to let it show
I'm coming out
I want the world to know
I got to let it show

Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out

No comments:

Post a Comment