Tuesday, October 07, 2014

EVERY Win Counts ...


It's good to have a partner who is supportive.  Sometimes I make things that are a hit ... other times ... they're a miss.   I tried a new recipe for homemade biscuits this weekend that was alright.  Not jaw droppingly awesome, but alright.   I followed it up with some BBQ chicken for dinner that I thought was pretty tasty.  Likewise, I made some of this new french onion rice for Stoney tonight that I like ... but the pork chops I made to go with them were disappointing.

I guess that's just life.  You don't know whether something will be good until you try it.   I think the biscuits will be better next time ... I just need to make them thicker ... and put less sausage in the gravy.   Everything new is an experiment ... and I'm blessed to have someone who is cheerful about testing everything new with me.

I'm so hungry.   I just didn't care for the pork chops and I was too tired to make anything different.  Plus we're both trying to eat healthier and I didn't think stopping to pick up a taco on the drive across town was a healthy choice.  So ... I ate a handful of grapes when I got back to the house ... and I'm calling it a day.

I didn't exercise ... I probably didn't drink as much water as I should ... but I didn't have a taco.  So ... I'm going to call that a win.

And hey ... even the small wins count ...

I'm winning
I'm winning
I'm winning
And I don't intend on losing again

Santana - I'm Winning

No comments:

Post a Comment