Monday, August 29, 2016

Me Me Me ...


So to continue the "me me me" parade of posts ...

I'm getting better.  I think the issue is that recovery is slow ... and so it's hard to recognize the progress sometimes.   I mean, let's say something is getting 1% better every day.   No, let's say it's getting 3% or 4% better every day ... it doesn't matter.   A week has gone by and you're thinking, "I still hurt" ... and that may be true ... but things are a world better.

For instance, I used to not be able to grasp anything in my left hand.  Opening a drawer hurt terribly ... picking up a can of root beer was next to impossible because I couldn't make my hand grasp it.  But now, I can grasp objects.  I just opened my desk drawer with (almost) no pain.  Things still aren't sunshine and lollypops ... but if I'm being reasonable, things are much better than they were on Saturday when I fell apart.

I'm still taking the pain medicine regularly.   But I talked to the surgical nurse and I understand what's going on now.  When he cut into the wrist, there are a lot of nerves in that area.  It's very possible to get nerve damage from surgery on your arm ... and the tingling and numbness in my thumb is a sign of an angry nerve.  Basically the answer is ... "hang in there ... it will get better."

Stoney drove me to work today ... mostly because he cares more about my well being than I do.  As he frequently says with a smile, "I'm just trying to keep your squirrely ass alive."  I appreciate you, hon ... and my squirrely ass appreciates you too.

I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you
Is having the best day of my life  

Dido - Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment