Thursday, August 17, 2017

You Bet I Do ...



One week ago tomorrow, I took the hand of my best friend in the world ... and became his wife.

I don't know what I expected of a courthouse wedding ... but this wasn't it.  First off, we were told we had the largest group of people the courthouse had seen in years.  The lobby was full ... the courtroom was full ... heck even the elevators were full!  And once we were done, we were standing around hugging and taking pictures ... when someone said, "Look out the window!"  About a dozen of our friends were standing down on the sidewalk, hooting and cheering and holding letters that spelled our names and congrats!

I expected the judge to be stoic ... but what he said was so heartfelt.  That we'd already found our soulmate ... this was just making it official.  We said vows surrounded by friends and family.  His parents, my mom, his brother and sister-in-law and nephew, my aunts and uncles, all three girls, and all our friends.  It was a beautiful day.  Everything I could've hoped for.  Oh ... and my ring is gorgeous.  Not that that kind of things matters but ... hey, my ring is brilliant!|


I can't say that I feel much different now.  I already loved Stoney to the moon and back down to the dirt ... this was just putting pen to paper and making it legal.  I could've lived with him forever and been perfectly happy ... but that's not the world we live in.  If something happens to me or him, the other person needs to be covered and in charge.  I think we're past the time when people couldn't visit other people in the hospital if they weren't family ... but still ... if anybody is going to be making decisions about me, I would want it to be him.


And even still ... I can't lie.  My heart sings whenever he kisses me on the head and calls me his wife. It's not just about the legality of things ... it's about making sure everyone knows that this is who you choose to be with ... this is your partner.  Stoney ... I'll spend my life doing everything I can to make you happy ... because you make me happy every single day.  I know every day won't be sunny ... there's bound to be some rain ... but as long as you're with me?  The world will be filled with rainbows and tacos!


Love is all around you, yeah
Love is knockin'
Outside your door
Waitin' for you
Is this love made just for two
Keep an open heart
And you'll find love again
I know

Doo doo doo doodoodoo
I know

Tesla - Love Song

1 comment:

  1. Oh, congratulations to you both! It's always good when the blog reader delivers happy news!

    ReplyDelete