Friday, November 26, 2004

So, I finally did it ...


Well, after 35 years, I finally did it ... I went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving. No, really! I have avoided the whole Black Friday thing until this year. I broke my own ban on shopping as a competitive sport. LOL Let me explain ...

First, I'm not that materialistic ... well ... no more than anyone else, I suppose. But, the point is that I've never seen the logic in going out at 5 a.m. to get a $19 DVD player ... what the everyday $35 price at Walmart is just way too steep?

Next, I think it's become more of a ... competition. It's like deer hunting season for women. My sister-in-law gets up at 3:30 a.m. so she can be in line at Walmart when it opens to get these insane deals. I'm happy for her ... whatever gets you happy, you know?

Let me assure you, I'm NOT wealthy ... quite the opposite, actually ... but I just don't see the *fun* in this whole event. But ...

This year, I looked at the flyers and something caught my eye. They were having an "early bird" special at a store not far from my home ... and ... I cracked.

I had to be at work at 7:30 ... so we got up early ... got the store before they opened and I was a little surprised to see a line in front of the door. I mean not hundreds of people ... probably 25 or so ... but still! LOL So we waited in line ... and when those doors opened ... OMIGOD! It was like a swarm of locusts!

So the point? I got what I went for ... and got out. It actually ... wasn't ... TOO ... bad. Will I do it again? Damn ... you know, I might!

No comments:

Post a Comment