Friday, January 28, 2005

In which I discover "The Daily Meme" ...


Happy Friday! Don't Fridays totally kick ass? I mean on ten different levels, the day is an absolute ten. Sure, there's the whole end of the work week thing ... you can stay up late and not wake up miserable the next day ... the new Battlestar Galactica is on Sci-Fi ... eeep! Did I just admit I'm a geek? Let's change the subject ...

So, blogging is new to me ... obviously ... and I just discovered The Daily Meme. Yeah, I'm sure that the majority of bloggers already know about this ... but, hey, I feel like I just discovered a pot of gold at the end of this rather craptacular week!

So, today's first attempt at participating in a meme ... I bring you ... the Friday Fiver ...

Friday Fiver

F'ing F'ing F'er

1. Do you use profanity? Do I use profanity? Banish the thought! I'm an artist ... utilizing profanity as my medium ... painting a colorful landscape of words and images that touch your heart and mind. Ah, screw it ... fuck yeah I use profanity!

2. What are your favorite words of frustration? Aw, who doesn't like fuck? It's so versatile! Fuck me ... fuck you ... fuck off ... fuck-a-duck ... I mean, it's like the Swiss knife of profanity!

3. Did your parents ever swear in front of you? I remember it as if it were yesterday. I was thirteen ... my dad and I drove out to our new home on a Friday night to make sure that everything was ready for the big move that weekend. He walked over to set the thermostat higher so the house would be warm when we arrived ... and it was dead. Completely dead ... no pilot light ... no juice ... nothing. I'd never heard my dad curse before ... and lemme tell you, it was amazing. I think he actually created new curse words that night.

4. Do you think that films should be rated based on the language they use? Definately. A parent should be able to decide what's acceptable or unacceptable for their individual child. For instance, I've seen PG-13 movies that have the word "fuck" in them. Sorry, I think that's a load of bullshit.

5. If you could curse our someone right now, who would it be? For once in my life (quick somebody, jot this down on a calendar!), I am not pissed of at anyone. The stress in my life has passed for the moment and I'm all about gouranga ... so I'm gonna pass right now. Ask me in fifteen minutes though ... it could change at any moment.

That's a wrap, everybody ... have a great weekend!

Worry the bottle, Mama
It's grapefruit wine
Kick off your high heeled sneakers
It's party time

Steely Dan - FM

1 comment:

  1. hahaha i guess sometimes im painting lovely pictures with profanity as well. Its not PROFANE, its DESCRIPTIVE!

    ReplyDelete