Monday, February 14, 2005

Now with wings ...


Alright, everybody ... I'm about to talk about some issues that may make you uncomfortable. So, be forewarned ... if words like menstruation turn you green ... or words like ovary or uterus make you feel faint ... I'd leave now. Run, in fact ...

Warning ...
Gratuitous discussion of
"Women's Issues" ahead.
Proceed at your own risk.

Hardees is mocking me. No no no ... I'm not insane ... a little eccentric, perhaps ... but not certifiable.

Have you seen their new ad campaign? Quite frankly, men, I'm puzzled. Do you not get the symbolism in their new commercial? Or do you not care?

A woman is seen going back and forth from her fridge numerous times ... getting junk food ... snarfing up every little thing she can put in her mouth ... obviously a nod to our "time of the month" cravings for anything from pickles to peanut butter.

The narrator makes a reference to eating healthy to make up for "those days" ... and then they unveil their new bbq chicken creation. With ... a red sauce dripping off this sandwich! Gross, people!

Am I reading this wrong? It's terribly obvious to me ... and in terrible taste. Watch it again ... see what you think.

Now, I'm willing to admit that it might just be me ... I'm having some serious "woman" problems. God, how I hate that little colloquialism. I've been putting off some things that just can't be ignored anymore ... and I'm afraid we've got some tough decisions ahead.

But that ... is a subject for another post ...

For now ... make a point of watching for that Hardees commercial. I've gotta know if anyone else catches this!

I haven't got time for the pain
I haven't got room for the pain
I haven't the need for the pain
Not since I've known you

Carley Simon - Haven't Got Time for the Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment