Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Compassionate Conservatives?


"So Many Of The People In The Arena
Were Underprivileged Anyway,
So This Is Working Very Well For Them"
Barbara Bush - September 5, 2005


We're proud to announce that the winner of
the 2005 "Let Them Eat Cake Award" is
... drumroll please ... Barbara Bush!
Give her a hand, everybody!

That's right ... Barbara Bush, Queen Mum of Compassionate Conservatives everywhere, consoled the victims of Hurricane Katrina while accompanying her husband, former President George H.W.Bush, on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston by referring to the poor who had lost everything back home by saying, "This is working very well for them."

Whoah, hold up there, sparky. Planning on slamming me as a Bush-bashing liberal who is out to smear the beloved mother of the leader of (what's left of) the free world? Well, to quote Bill Engval, here's your cite.

She narrowly edged out contender Condoleeza Rice who was nominated for her stunning insight into the mindset of disaster relief after she visited Pilgrim Rest AME Zion church outside Mobile and told the congregation to "Wait on the Lord".

Congratulations, Barbara! And hey, better luck next year Condi!

I, hate the rain and sunny weather
And I, hate the beach and mountains too
And I don't like a thing about the city, no, no
And I, I, I, hate the country side too

And I, hate everything about you!
.. everything about you !

Ugly Kid Joe - Everything About You

No comments:

Post a Comment