Wednesday, November 16, 2005

My Blessings ...


So I'm reading my last post when I realize something. While I've written about how horrible my appointment was on the 10th (and it was), I didn't write about the amazing weekend that followed. This, my friends, is an example of not counting your blessings. And for that, I'm sorry ...

For starters, on Friday I turned 36 ... which, as it turns out, wasn't that hard of a number. Sure, it starts the downward spiral towards 40 ... but, hey, it's better than death.

I got a hilarious, if terrifying, card from our oldest up at ISU. Let's just say it involved tongue piercing ... it's best not to ask. I miss her so much ... and her card makes me smile everytime I see it. Her sisters surprised me with a DVD copy of my favorite Christmas special of all time, Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. You can't imagine how touching this present is ... because they know how much I love Emmett Otter ... and, in turn, I know how much they don't love Emmett Otter.

Before you ask, yes it's true. This version is missing any and all scenes involving Kermit the Frog ... and you can thank Disney, the money-whoring demon from hell, for that marvel of corporate miscalculation. But the thing is, this DVD has an great behind the scenes documentary and a blooper reel that will have you peeing your pants from laughter. I never knew Ma Otter preferred ripple. It's an amazing DVD and I can't wait to watch it again after Thanksgiving.

So, I'm counting my blessings. I've got three terrific girls who all made me smile ... and (my ex-husband) who understands that the perfect day ends with McDonalds fries. What more could a person ask for?

I'm just trying to be a better person.
My name is Earl.

Jason Lee - My Name Is Earl