Monday, November 07, 2005

Return of the Friday Fiver - Redrum



1. What is your shoe size? - OMIGOD ... I was so ashamed to admit this, that I almost didn't fill out this week's Fiver. I am 5'2" tall ... and have a shoe size of 8 1/2. I know ... they're huge. Fortunately, I comfort myself with the knowledge that they aren't as big as Peggy Hill's size 16. Unfortunately, as (my ex-husband) frequently reminds me, television isn't real ... and my feet are still boats.

2. How many hours did you sleep last night? - I usually do pretty damned good in this arena. If sleeping were a sport, I'd score at least a silver. Last night I slept about 7 1/2 hours ... but that's only because Robot Chicken was on Adult Swim. Normally I get at least eight ... more on weekends.

3. Area code of your phone number? - I live in the middle of corn country ... the Land of Lincoln ... bible belt ... baseball ... hotdogs ... apple pie ... and 217.

4. Last grade of school completed: - I graduated high school in the golden era of the 80's ... that wonderful age of big hair and Bon Jovi. I had a major in business and a minor in art. Yes, my high school had majors and minors like college ... no, I don't know why ... yes, I know it's stupid. I've taken college courses on and off since then ... and right now I'm in the middle of a networking class that is breaking my balls.

5. Time it takes you to get ready in the morning - First let me explain that I've got two bladder impaired dogs. I wake up about 30 minutes earlier than I really need to just so I can boot the dogs outside before they mistake our carpet for fescue. So, while I wake up about 75 minutes before I have to leave the house, let's be honest ... I lay in bed until the last possible minute and take about fifteen minutes to actually get ready. I'm just not that foo foo.

Good mornin' morning
Hello sunshine
Wake up sleepy head
Why'd we move that bojangle clock
So far away from the bed
Just one more minute
That's why we moved it
One more hug or two
Do you love wakin' up next to me
As much as I love wakin' up next to you

Donna Fargo - Happiest Girl In the Whole USA