Friday, January 13, 2006

I Don't Feel Tardy


1. Are you timely or always late? - I'm almost bi-polar when it comes to time. Most days, you'll find I'm running late. It just seems like I'm constantly dragging ass and I always feel like I'm trying to "catch up". But sometimes, if the situation is important (or stressful), I wind up showing up ridiculously early. Like, if there's a school program for one of the girls, we usually end up going a half hour early just to get a good seat ... or ... going to class ... I always end up being the first one there. There's got to be a scientific term for this kind of mental disorganization.

2. Do you wear a watch? - No, I don't ... but not because I don't want to. I wore one for years ... a cool little number with the sun/moon phase at the top and a small light brown, leather band. Nothing butch ... delicate ... but hip. Then it just seemed ... I don't know ... I felt too old for that style ... and nothing else seems to fit right now. It seems as though watches fall into two categories ... old fashioned "grandma" watches and fluorescent purple "teen" watches. And neither choice fits me.

3. What is the most important event you have been late for? - Years and years ago, I was chosen to be my agency's representative to an important federal committee. There was a welcoming breakfast scheduled for 7 a.m. ... and my boss had already bought our tickets.

When I woke up the next morning, I discovered that the power had gone out in the middle of the night. My alarm clock was blinking at me. It was 8 a.m. ... and, no matter how stressed as I felt, there was just no sense in driving to the breakfast an hour late. I headed over to work.

When my boss showed up at the office a little later, he dropped all the manuals and documentation and such on my desk without a word, went into his office, and shut the door. It came as no surprise when I didn't get a bonus that year ... hell, I was happy just to still have a job.

4. What kind of system do you have for keeping track of your bills? - I have a special system ... his name is (my ex-husband). Opposites must attract because, while I tend to be more chaotic, he is good at details and organization.

5. What is your favorite time of day? - It's a tie ... between those relaxing hours when I get home from work ... and the last 30 minutes or so of the day when I get to curl up in bed, watch the news, and doze off. What can I say? I'm a creature of habit.

Am I living in a box
Am I living in a cardboard box?
Am I living in a box
Am I living in a cardboard box?
Am I living in a box

Living in a Box - Living in a Box