Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Always Suspected ...

Finally ... proof. I am not the only one who'd rather ignore the holiday. Of course, my reasons seem a little less vitriolic than Scott-o-Rama's. But still, he shared the answer to the question, "What is the Easter Bunny doing the other 364 days of the year?" Click at your own risk ... but at least you'll know ...


The Easter Bunny Hates You

Our college student just shared something with me ... a take on Easter that I hadn't considered. She said she never enjoyed the whole chocolate Easter Bunny thing ... because she felt guilty eating it.

She explained that each year we'd leave out baskets and each one contained a box that would name the adorable, edible rabbit. These boxes were covered with cute graphics and a background story like "How Mr. Hoppy Brings Us Easter ... "

After all this, we expect our kids to bite his head off??? How psychotic is that? God, it's no wonder so many of us end up in therapy as adults.

Oh, I could write a sonnet about your Easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the Easter parade.

Irving Berlin - Easter Parade

No comments:

Post a Comment