According to PsychologyInfo.com, the symptoms of depression are:
- Persistent depressed, sad, anxious, or empty mood
- Feeling worthless, helpless, or experiencing excessive or inappropriate guilt
- Hopeless about the future, excessive pessimistic feelings
- Loss of interest and pleasure in your usual activities
- Decreased energy and chronic fatigue
- Loss of memory, difficulty making decisions or concentrating
- Irritability or restlessness or agitation
- Sleep disturbances, either difficulty sleeping, or sleeping too much
- Loss of appetite and interest in food, or overeating, with weight gain
- Recurring thoughts of death, or suicidal thoughts or actions
So, do I fit this pattern? I suppose so ... except the last one. I don't have thoughts of death or dying ... to the opposite extreme, I'm just annoyed that I don't have the energy for the most mundane tasks of life.
What's most frustrating ... today's winner in the mood spin of doom is irritability. I have one co-workers in particular who is, as I've become fond of saying, seriously chaffing my ass. I am trying desperately to ride this out ... and it's taking everything I have not to fill out a leave slip and head on home.
I guess I'll know more tomorrow. Wonder where the wheel will land then?
Just Stop Doggin' Me Around
Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone