Monday, April 17, 2006

Step Right Up And Spin The Wheel ...


According to PsychologyInfo.com, the symptoms of depression are:

  • Persistent depressed, sad, anxious, or empty mood

  • Feeling worthless, helpless, or experiencing excessive or inappropriate guilt

  • Hopeless about the future, excessive pessimistic feelings

  • Loss of interest and pleasure in your usual activities

  • Decreased energy and chronic fatigue

  • Loss of memory, difficulty making decisions or concentrating

  • Irritability or restlessness or agitation

  • Sleep disturbances, either difficulty sleeping, or sleeping too much

  • Loss of appetite and interest in food, or overeating, with weight gain

  • Recurring thoughts of death, or suicidal thoughts or actions
My only problem with this grocery list of symptoms is that, excluding the issue of death and suicide, it seems like it would fit almost everyone now and then. I guess what we're talking about here are long term issues ... and I understand that.

So, do I fit this pattern? I suppose so ... except the last one. I don't have thoughts of death or dying ... to the opposite extreme, I'm just annoyed that I don't have the energy for the most mundane tasks of life.

What's most frustrating ... today's winner in the mood spin of doom is irritability. I have one co-workers in particular who is, as I've become fond of saying, seriously chaffing my ass. I am trying desperately to ride this out ... and it's taking everything I have not to fill out a leave slip and head on home.

I guess I'll know more tomorrow. Wonder where the wheel will land then?

Leave Me Alone
Stop It
Just Stop Doggin' Me Around

Michael Jackson - Leave Me Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment