I haven't done a Friday Fiver in awhile ... and they were always a lot of fun. So, I direct your attention to the Friday Fiver - Another Social Casualty:
1. What have you said lately that has gotten you into trouble? - "Would anyone like Chinese?" What started off as me picking up lunch today for myself and a co-worker ... somehow turned into an event worthy of news coverage. Suddenly we've got over a dozen orders ... money is changing hands ... people wanting change. What the hell? I just wanted some orange chicken! No good deed, Elphaba ... no good deed ...
2. When is the last time you censored yourself? - I censor myself constantly ... you can't imagine. Mainly it's because I'm a smartass and can't help myself. For example ...
May I interrupt? (You already have.) We have a problem ... (You mean you have a problem.) ... and I'll need you to call Bob ... (Because you have some sort of life-threatening allergy to communication devices?) ... and let him know that I'll be in a meeting ... (In your fishing boat?) ... all day and won't get the file to him until Monday (If at all.)
I'm like a real-life Ally freakin' McBeal ... without the eating disorder.
3. Describe your last date: - Well, first let me explain that (my ex-husband) and I have been married for nearly eleven years. Therefore, a typical "date" for us is a nice dinner at Olive Garden or Red Lobster. Maybe a movie ... but it's more likely that we'd rent a video and watch it at home.
4. Go to the closest window -- what do you see? - A dumpster ... cause you know, that's why I get paid the big money ... so I can have this spectacular view. I also see what looks to be a rabid squirrel out there chasing it's own tail ... but since, unlike Dwight Schrute, I'm not allowed to keep weapons at my desk ... he's gonna have to work out this whole tail issue for himself.
5. What's your favorite board game? - I don't know ... I guess my favorite is Pictionary ... but that's only because I like to draw. In general, I love word games. You know, party games like Scattergories or Balderdash or Outburst. The better question would be: Worst Board Game Ever? That one is easy ... Disney Trivial Pursuit. They ask the most obscure, ridiculous questions ... no one but Walt's personal historian could get half of them.
They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light and made a switch
True? Yes ...
The Little Mermaid - Poor Unfortunate Souls