Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cherry-Flavored Goodness ...


It started last Saturday with a sore throat. Isn't that how these things always start? With a sore throat? Little by little, I just ran down ... and by Tuesday it felt like someone parked a small automobile on my chest.

So Tuesday night, I drove over to Springfield Clinic's Prompt Care on 7th Street. It was like a scene right out of a free clinic in 1960's Haight Ashbury ... babies screaming ... everyone coughing. There must've been at least a dozen people waiting in front of me ... each one was more pissed off than the last.

A little over two hours later, I was driving to Walgreens, prescriptions in hand. They didn't think it was pneumonia yet. But I still got a stern "talking to" for waiting so long to see a doctor.

My only argument is that there's no "good" time to go. If you go too early, then they tell you it's just a cold. If you wait too long, they ask why you didn't come in sooner. There's like a six hour window that's just the right time. Sounds like I overshot the window by about two days.

I do want to share one valuable piece of information with you. If you're given a prescription for cough syrup with codeine ... spring for the $2.99 and get it flavored at Walgreens. I don't care how old you are ... spring for the $2.99. It's like night and day.

Your love is like bad medicine
Bad medicine is what I need
Shake it up, just like bad medicine
There ain't no doctor that can
Cure my disease

Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:21 PM

    LOL... what flavor did you get? I still have like, a half teaspoon of watermelon flavor...

    See, and you guys yell at me for not going to the doctor at the right time...

    Oh wait...dumb me...guess I shoulda read the title of the post :P

    ~college one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I asked the clerk at Walgreens what flavor was best at "masking" that awful taste ... and she said they got the best results from cherry. Okay, then ... cherry it is.

    And it really did help ... I mean, you know first hand that nothing cuts that bitter aftertaste ... but it was a world better than taking it straight.

    And we didn't yell at you about going to the doctor this time ... cause you went all on your own.

    I totally understand your frustration though ... you went "too early" and were told to go home. I went "too late" and got a "talking to" ... you just can't win.

    ReplyDelete