Friday, April 27, 2007

Get Up - Stand Up!


1. Turn your head to the right. What do you see? - I see the back wall of my office ... which is covered with (among many other things):

My Three Favorite Dilbert cartoons
About two dozen family pictures
An Irish Blessing angel
Several original graphics I plan on tweaking someday
A take-out menu from China Star
This year's Secretary's Day card
A Chicken Little sticker
A button which reads, "Yes, I'm a Natural Redhead"
A picture of Dwight Schrute
My 2007 "Bad Dog" calendar
Mardi Gras Beads
Several stuffed animals including three Stitchs
And ... the one thing most vital to my job ...
My tinfoil hat

2. Stand-up. Do you like how tall you are? - I absolutely hate my height. At 5'2", I am about the side of your standard yard gnome. I don't want to be an NBA player ... but, man ... do you realize I am shorter than the cubical walls around here? People don't even see me coming ... it's like I'm unintentionally working in stealth mode.

3. Do you believe in heaven or hell? - I suppose to believe in one ... you have to believe in the other, right? Maybe they aren't actually physical locations ... but states of mind ... or moments in time. And, hey, if that's true, I'm relatively sure hell is junior high.

4. What is your favorite piece of jewelry? - Now, common ... that's easy. My wedding ring.

5. What is the last thing you took from someone else? - I took a tiny piece of butter cake from a co-worker this morning. My stomach is still upset ... and it's the last thing on Earth I wanted other than an ass beating ... but it's one of those "etiquette" things. Maybe it's just me ... but when a co-worker brings in a treat and offers everyone a piece, it seems like they get their feelings hurt if anyone says "no thanks." So, it's still sitting here ... you know, in case anyone would like some butter cake ...


Just got home from Illinois
Lock the front door, oh boy
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch
Imagination sets in
Pretty soon I'm singin'
Doo, doo, doo, lookin' out my back door

CCR - Lookin' Out My Backdoor